2017 has absolutely been the best year of my life. I know I say that almost every year, but seriously. Graduated college? Check! Started my dream job as a social media manager? Check! Married the love of my life? CHECK! I am sooo determined to keep this streak of awesome going in 2018, and I’ve set myself some ambitious (and not so ambitious) 2018 New Year’s resolutions to help keep me on track.
This post may contain affiliate links. I promise to only recommend products that I genuinely love and believe in. I may receive a (very small) commission if you purchase of of these products using my link at no extra cost to you.
My 2018 New Year’s Resolutions
- Wear sunscreen every day. Anyone have a good recommendation for an inexpensive cruelty-free sunscreen that won’t make me feel greasy?
- Spend less time on my phone. I feel like I really got stuck in the endless cycle of unfulfilling scrolling in 2017. I’d really like to take my focus away from the materialism that CONSTANTLY being on my phone can create and spend more intentional time with those around me.
- Drink 64 ounces of water every. damn. day. Camelbak water bottle, keep me on track.
- Hit 5,000 Youtube subscribers. This is a super ambitious one, but I think now that I’ve found my niche in affordable and ethical lifestyle, I can do it!
- Go to the gym at least once a week. I know once a week isn’t a whole lot, but I needed to pick something measurable and realistic for me. Going to the gym always really boosts my mental health. Even though I’m lazy and kind of hate working out, I always feel so accomplished when I go!
- Write in a journal. I’ve been eyeing this journalling app, since I love the sound that my new laptop’s keys make when I type, and I can likely journal a little bit at work here and there when I have breaks.
- Learn how to do calligraphy. I dabbled a little bit in this in 2017, but I really want to practice every day and get the tools that I need to make some beautiful art!
- Create less trash. In order to live a more sustainable lifestyle in 2018, I’m going to work really hard on reducing my waste production. One was I’m planning on doing this is by carrying around these stainless steel straws (that are rose gold to make my millennial heart happy.) 500 million straws are discarded in the US every day, and it can take up to 200 years for them to decompose! This is an easy way for me to reduce my impact.
- Read one book every month. Books recommendations in the comments please! I love memoirs, YA novels, and self-help/motivation aimed at creatives and millennials.
- Create intentionally peaceful mornings. Instead of rolling out of bed 15 minutes before I have to leave for work, I’d love to get up with time to take a few extra minutes on my makeup, have a cup of tea and a short journalling session, and actually eat breakfast!
- Charge phone in another room at night and not check it first thing in the morning. Continuing in the vein of removing myself from the digital world just a little bit, I’m hoping this will help me get better sleep and start my day off right.
- Try a new recipe every month. I have a Pinterest board full of ones that I want to try, but I never make time for them! That’s going to change this year!
- Get more politically active. While 2017 was good to me in my personal life, a lot of scary things have happened and continue to happen in the political sphere. The rights of women and minorities have taken serious blows at the hands of current leadership (*cough cough*,) and we should all take more responsibility in contacting our representatives and making our voice heard! Online petition-signing is not going to cut it for me this year.
What are your New Year’s Resolutions? Let me know in the comments below! Here’s to a fantastic 2018!
I absolutely love your New Years Resolutions, Megan! I hope you have had the best Christmas and wish you the best of luck in the upcoming year 🙂
Kaitlin // http://www.thecuriouslemon.com
Thank you so much! Same to you!